World News

Duchess of York “full of admiration” for Kate after announcing her cancer

The Duchess of York said she was “full of admiration” for the Princess of Wales after the future queen announced she was being treated for cancer, adding: “I hope she is now given the time, the space and the privacy to heal.”

Sarah Ferguson, who was married to Prince Andrew and had daughters Beatrice and Eugenie, made the comment after Kate announced her diagnosis in a video message to the nation on Friday.

The charity Macmillan Cancer Support has now revealed that traffic to its online information and support pages was the highest in a weekend since the first COVID-19 lockdown.

The Duchess of York, the announced in January that she had been diagnosed with skin cancerShe posted on social media: “All my thoughts and prayers are with the Princess of Wales as she begins her treatment.”

“I know she will be surrounded by the love of her family and everyone is praying for the best outcome.

“As someone who has been fighting her own battle with cancer over the last few months, I am full of admiration for the way she has spoken publicly about her diagnosis and know that this will go a long way in raising awareness to sharpen.”

Kate announced in her video statement on Friday that she is undergoing preventive chemotherapy.

The Princess of Wales added that she and Prince William had done everything they could to “process and manage this privately for the benefit of our young family.”

She added it “took time” to explain her diagnosis to her children George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is “appropriate for them and to reassure them that I will be OK.”

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Kate’s message: Diagnosis “was a big shock”

Her statement came after weeks of global social media activity Speculation and conspiracy theories about her whereabouts after she had not been seen at official appointments since last December.

The 42-year-old had planned abdominal surgery But it was in January will only be seen publicly again at the beginning of March when she was photographed by celebrity news site TMZ.

Kate revealed in her statement to the Nation that at the time of her abdominal surgery, her condition was believed to be non-cancerous.

“The operation was successful. However, post-surgery tests revealed that there was cancer. My medical team therefore advised me to undergo preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of this treatment,” she said.

Read more:
When will Kate come back into the public eye?
Kate and William “extremely touched” by the “warmth of the audience”

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Kate’s health status: what you need to know

The Princess also thanked the public for all “the wonderful messages of support and for your understanding as I recover from surgery”, adding that it has been “an incredibly tough few months for our entire family”.

In February, the Duchess of York urged people not to miss their health check-ups after being diagnosed with two types of cancer within six months.

Her skin cancer diagnosis came months after she was told she had an early form of breast cancer.

On the occasion of the cancer prevention campaign week, the 64-year-old spoke about the importance of preventive examinations and warned: “A few days can mean the difference between life and death.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button